Sunday, March 15, 2009


When Makeup Expires.


Isn't it sad when a beauty product that you haven't used much expires and you need to throw it away?

You see, I bought this liquid eyeliner from Nichido last mid-October and I've used it only ONCE .
Take note: ONCE . Now. I have to throw it away.

Yah, I know it's cheap but still I should've bought something else. I recall buying that when I am clueless on how it works. Haha.
I know. I know.
STUPID MOVE.

At least, I've learned my lesson. I SHOULD NOT buy things that I don't know how to use.

By the way, I've also researched about the expiration dates of beauty products. To those people out there who doesn't know how long a product really lasts, here is a list. I hope this helps.

SHELF LIVES 101
[Note: These are estimates]

Concealer: 12 months
Powder: 2 years
Cream and Gel Cleansers: 1 year
Pencil Eye Liner: 3 years
Eyeshadow: 3 years
Sponges: Wash weekly. Discard monthly.
Brushes: Wash 2-3 months in mild detergent
Foundation: [Depending on ingredients]
Water-based : 12 months
Oil-based: 18 months
Powder: 1 year
Lip Liner: 3 years
Lipstick: Some say, 1-2 years. However some say 4 years.
Mascara: 4 months
Nail Polish: 12 months [also depending on the quality]


Tip : Want to make sure that your product really expires on the right date? or better yet your product will last longer?

SOLUTION: COSMETIC CHILLER


"It’s the latest product by Suesh Cosmetics, the company behind the phenomenal Suesh Makeup toolkit that hit waves in the fashion, makeup, and consumer retail industries. Suesh MC is a portable cosmetic chiller that safe guards and extends the shelf life of your valuable cosmetic products by keeping them in the right “room temperature”. From various skincare products, moisturizers, to perfumes, to nail polish, the Suesh Makeup Chiller knows how to take care of you by taking care of products that we put our money, time, and trust on." -- Suesh Website

For more details, visit the Suesh Website

No comments:

Post a Comment